Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fabric Flowers

Well......here's my first attempt at making these fabric flowers.  My blog friend Lisa posted a tutorial on her blog on how to make these little gems.  Lisa recommended using a sheer fabric when making them, so I bought 3 different colors and made my first four.  I was surprised on just how easy they were to make.  I think they turned out really pretty.  Then I thought how cute they would be in some bright print fabrics.  So.....  I dug around in my quilting stash for the polka-dot fabric, but my flower ended up being pretty bulky and I had to do a lot of tugging and extra stitching to get them into a some-what flower shape!  I do like the fun look of the polka-dot cotton fabric, they will look cute on a card or on one of my granddaughters scrap pages.  Maybe with practice I will improve on their look.  I do recommend using a light fabric if you should choose to make them.  You can find a link to Lisa's blog...."What A Beautiful Mess" over on the right under "blogs that inspire me".

4 comments:

LISA said...

Karen Lee!!!! What wonderfully cute flowers!!!! So pretty!! They came out just awesome!!!Thanks for the shout out my friend!!! You're the sweetest!!! ♥ ya!!!

Wendy said...

These are so cool Karen. I saw the link on your blog and went to check it out. I cut my circles last night. We're they easy?

Ελευθερία said...

they are fabulous... do you happen to have the tutorial to share...??? thank you!!!

2amscrapper said...

Lovin' your flowers, especially those bright patterned ones--different and festive.