Friday, September 17, 2010

Hot Artichoke Dip


I can't believe its been so long since I posted to my blog.......but, summer is over and I'm back.

Tomorrow our family will be celebrating my grandson and granddaughters birthdays.  I offered to bake cookies and also make an artichoke dip.  I didn't really have a recipe, so I did a little research and combined ingredients from about 5 different recipes that I found and came up with my own version.  The pepper jack cheese is totally my own addition to this recipe.  I found recipes using lots of different cheeses, but non with pepper jack cheese.  I must say its very YUMMY!!!  I will serve it with Wheat Thins and Triscut crackers.

HOT ARTICHOKE DIP

14 oz can quartered ARTICHOKE HEARTS
1 1/2 cup MAYONNAISE
3 oz CREAM CHEESE
1 cup shredded PEPPER JACK CHEESE
1 cup freshly grated PARMESAN CHEESE
2 cloves minced GARLIC
1 tsp LEMON PEPPER

Drain the artichoke hearts well.  Place them in a small mixing bowl and cut them up using a knife and fork.  Just keep slicing until you have no big chunks of artichoke.  Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.  Pour into a baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.  Serve hot with crackers.

Enjoy!!




2 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Well hello you!! And its about time you came back to us hun, did miss you.....
Hope you have a fab day of celebrations hun
hugs shell xx

LISA said...

Delish!!!!!!!!!! Now kick it up a notch and add 1 package of Stouffers Cream of spinach...Yummy!! Thanks Karen!!! Or instead of the other cheeses, use shredded mozzarella cheese...So many possibilities!!