Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After Turkey Day!

We had a marvelous time yesterday. The food was wonderful. We all ate too much as always.

Before dinner my brother Mike and his wife Patty stopped by before they went to have dinner with Patty's daughter. Mike came walking in with a "Grandpa Ralph" hat on his head! We all laughed, but he actually looked good in it! ( I didn't get a pic of it. That doesn't happen often!) My grandpa Ralph always wore a hat and usually just a certain type....well, Mike found one just like he always wore. He also said he wore it in honor of our brother Steve, who isn't with us any longer, but he always wore some goofy hat almost daily! It brought back good family memories. We also had a visit from Lisa's dad and his wife, they were having dinner at her daughter's, but stopped by to say hi. It was nice seeing them.

I always love Thanksgiving, because we get two days off work!!! A 4 day holiday....thank you!!! I did get up early and worked on finishing a scrap layout that I started a few days ago. I'm almost done with an album that I have been commissioned to make for Jacob's friend Matt. It's a surprise for his girlfriend. Matt and Jake have been friends since grade school and Matt will be leaving for his second term in Iraq right after Christmas. He's our hero!

Enjoy our Thanksgiving slideshow below!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like your family had a great day!! Love your slide show!

Erika said...

What a great day! I love your pics, it looks like you have alot of family to be thankful for! Hope you enjoyed your 4-day vacation!! :o)