Monday, May 31, 2010

Finished My Bag!!!


I finally finished this bag last night, but didn't have any buttons for it.  So, this morning I grabbed my JoAnn discount coupons and headed out to find the perfect buttons.  Wow......buttons are expensive.  I didn't want shiny plastic buttons, so of course I had to pay a little extra for these.  These darned buttons cost me $3.69 each.  I needed a total of 4!!  I did get 10% off my total order.  So that knocked them down a little bit.  They have kind of a ruff sandy feel to them.  You can't tell that by the photo. I think the buttons cost more than the fabric....LOL!!  I bought this fabric a couple of years ago.  I found Moda "Fig Tree" charm packs on sale one day and bought 3 of them.  It took every inch of those charm packs to make this bag.  I had to use a different line of fabric for the lining.  I used a Whistlepig Creek #1172 Scrap Bag Cuties pattern.  I did become very good friends with my seam ripper as I made this bag.....LOL!!  I learned a lot during the making of it and hopefully my next attempt at it will be a little more pleasant.  I do think I know what I'm doing now....maybe?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope everyone took a few minutes today to REMEMBER  the men and women who keep our country safe and free!!  And to those who have lost their lives for our FREEDOM.   I thank you.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness!!! Too cute!! Great job Karen! Happy Memorial Day!!

Debbie said...

It turned out lovely! Love the colors. I'm with you on the buttons. JoAnn has some great buttons, with high prices! The ones you picked are perfect for the bag.