Friday, April 24, 2009

Card Recipe!

Day 55 at 365 Cards was to use a recipe provided to us by Pam. Here's the recipe we had to follow:

5x5 card (solid colored card stock - may be smooth or textured)
4x4 patterned paper (you may alter the edges if you'd like)
1 shape (circle, square, star, heart, etc.) - must be solid color
3 jewels
alpha stickers

No other items could be used!! Well........I made a little mistake! I used 3 star brads instead of jewels. I didn't realize we needed to use jewels until I was writing up this post....sorry!!! When I read the recipe, my brain saw the word brads.....LOL!!! I'm not going to change it now!!

supplies:
American cardstock
Scenic Route print paper
alphas from JoAnn
brads and chipboard star from my stash
green paint
EK border punch (I treated myself to a bunch of new punches this week!)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

great card karen! and hey...all u have to do is add stickles to the star brads and they will be jewels then! i am about to start mine now i think! hope i can do it with so few ingredients!

Vicky said...

such a fun card! and stars are rather flashy, right!? so, we'll just see those as starry jewels :).

chiara_francy said...

mi piacciono molto le tue card perchè sono piene di colori!!
Fra

Kristie Larsen said...

very cute card. i love the slanted patterned paper. and I think the starts are great! fabulous job!~

Maz said...

I love the star brads and as Tracey said just add stickles and they will be jewels, a great fun card
Maz

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

I think the star brads add to the theme as you have use a big star. Luv the colours on the card.

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Forgot to add, left you something (x2) on my blog! :)

Fi said...

Great card Karen, love the colours and the stars just set it off.
Hugs
Fi

Ann said...

Love this one, Karen! So bright and fun!

Happy Friday! :D

~amy~ said...

Whatta fab card karen...love the pop of green!

Bex said...

Super funky card today Karen!

Rosemary said...

I really like this fun and colorful card. Tough challenge for me, had to keep saying "stick to the recipe."