Thursday, April 23, 2009

Recycled Elements

Day 54 at 365 Cards was to use at least one recycled element on our card. I hand cut the flower from the lid of a Staples copy paper box. That box had been out in my garage forever. I also just found a card challenge over at Paper Blooms that this card fit into today. I might just have to start checking out their challenges too!! I found a link to their site over on Rose's blog.

supplies:
American cardstock
EK edge punch (just bought this one!)
button from my cousin Rhonda (she just sent me a box full of them yesterday) thanks sweetie!
cardboard
yellow paint
embroidery thread

13 comments:

Jeannie said...

Great idea with the Staples box! Cute card!!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Nancy Sanders said...

Your card is too cute. I love the flower..so clever of you.

AUsome mom said...

Very cool! Don't you just love those creative boxes? Great card Karen!

Rose said...

Fantastic card for both challenges!! So glad you found the link for Paper Blooms :-) hope you join in with us on it each week.

Cassie said...

Great way to recycle! I would have never thought of that. So glad you played along at Paper Blooms this week! ;D

~amy~ said...

FABulous recycled elements card...great use of a staples box!!

Unknown said...

Nice job Karen. It's amazing what we find in our garages isn't it? lol
Regards
Michelle

Maz said...

A great idea, love it
maz

Unknown said...

Great repurposing!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

It's amazing how we find creative stuff in an ordinary household item. Lovely card. And thanks for the link to another challenge blog! :)

Ann said...

Awesome way to recycle! So cute!

Yes, yes, yes come join us at Paper Blooms! We'd love to have you play along every week! :D (Can you tell I'm on their DT?)

Leah said...

I adore your card, such a cute flower and a great way to recycle! I'm so glad you came over to join us, please come back each week, we'd love to have you. Love your work, I've browsed your blog a bit:)

shelly said...

such a cute card! love the recycled flower..great thinking and use of a box :) hope to see you each week over at paperblooms :)