Sunday, April 26, 2009

Super Sketchy Sunday!

Day 57 at 365 Cards was to use this sketch. I got up at 5am today, so I made two cards before daylight!! I actually had to stop myself today, this sketch was very inspiring. I must do housework! Boo-hoo!! But if I get it all done, who knows, I might make a few more cards using this sketch!! Happy Sunday to you all!!


The sunflower card was made using Bo Bunny papers that I have had for some time. An LSS was closing and I bought a ton of paper from them. It will probably take me 20 years to use it all!! The brads I received from sb.com as a gift for an order I placed with them. They are sugar coated. Really pretty! I was in a sewing mood today, I love sewing on cards but never remember to do it. I organized my scraproom yesterday and my machine is very easy to get to now.
My "hi" card was made using paper from Chatter Box. This was also purchased from the LSS that was closing. The inside of the card does match the outside. The outside pic was taken in direct sun and it changed colors on me. This card looks like the top photo, really rich brown. I also used Prima flowers, brad and bling from my stash. The corners on the inside were done with a Marvy corner punch. I also did a little sewing on this one too!


11 comments:

Bex said...

Wow! Two cards before daylight, on a Sunday! Fabulous cards, I especially love the stitching, it looks like you spent hours on these two beauties!

Jill said...

pretty... lots of work

Fi said...

OMG - both of your cards are just beautiful and so different from each other - Great work to get 2 cards finished for one sketch, way to go. Hard to pic a fave they are both just fantastic.
Hugs
Fi

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards.. you did a good take on the challenge. :-)

~amy~ said...

Wowza!!! Not 1 but 2 gorgeous cards for today's Sunday Sketch!!!! The stitching is sooo fun!! Excellent!!

Card~I~ology Creations said...

Wow fantastic. I love them both.. Really love the sunflower..

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Gosh your cards are amazing! Luv both of them and luv the stitching on them.

Jeannie said...

LUV your cards Karen and the insides are perfect! The sunflower is my fav. This is a fun sketch to use again.

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Vicky said...

Wow! Karen! Your cards are gorgeous (as always!! :)). Sounds like you scored at your LSS! I admire you for getting up early to work on cards - I'd love to be able to do that, but i can't seem to drag myself out! :)

Maz said...

Wow 2 cards! now you are showing us up. I love the sunflower and the colours on the second card are gorgeous
maz

Gloria Stengel said...

I am gobsmacked! Stunning. I love that your insides are as wonderful as your card fronts! I suspect that you are an amazing gal...inside AND out yourself! Hugs.